RT
Posted By
ross tegart
Sep 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I booted up PS7 a message appeared …"PHOTOSHOP IS ON THE SAME DRIVE…IT MAY CONFLICT WITH MS ELEMENTS … INSTALL ON A DIFFERENT DRIVE …" or something to that effect. I didn’t notice anything at first but now I can’t get into MS PowerPoint. I need to fix the problem since I use PowerPoint extensively. :eyeroll: WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS PROBLEM! I have tried everything I can think of including uninstalling all Adobe Programs and all of MS Office which includes PowerPoint and then reinstalled Office and it still hangs.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MH
Mark Hiers
Sep 6, 2003
or something to that effect

what’s the exact error message? what you wrote doesn’t sound familiar at all.
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 6, 2003
Don’t think there’s such a thing as MS Elements.

Ross,

Please know that there is a lot of help in the forum, but here’s what I tell friends and collegues.

Do you know why they put those little message boxes up during an error?

So that people will read them

Seriously – consider this "I got an error message on my computer today, what should I do?"

What would you recommend Ross? Ya can’t recommend anything because you don’t know what the message is.

Sorry to rag on you but we’re not mind readers – if you want good help, give good information.

Peace,
Tony
PH
Photo Help
Sep 6, 2003
Ross,

I am not sure what your error is referring to but I can say that I am 99.99% sure that there are no conflicts between Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop.

If there is a problem with Power point I doubt that it has anything to do with Photoshop.

I should note that I have them both installed on the same drive and run them both at the same time on a regular basis.
V
viol8ion
Sep 8, 2003
"PHOTOSHOP IS ON THE SAME DRIVE…IT MAY CONFLICT WITH MS ELEMENTS …

I suspect the message was "Photoshop is on the same drive as Photoshop Elements" as I understand, you should not run both on the same drive. I have installed both on the same drive at home with no problem, but I suspect they may share files of the same name?

It should not affect MS Office apps in any way. I have Office 2000 on my system at home with no problems at all with a similar setup.

Have you deleted all temp files and run scan disk, defrag? That is where I would begin with a problem like this. Then uninstall/reinstall Office.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections