Posted By
Conrad
Feb 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Is there a way to take a picture from Powerpoint and place it int Photoshop?

TIA,

Conra

Conrad

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

N
nomail
Feb 15, 2005
Conrad wrote:

Is there a way to take a picture from Powerpoint and place it into Photoshop?

Copy – Paste?

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
J
jjs
Feb 15, 2005
"Conrad" wrote in message
Hi,

The Mac has many ways to snapshot the screen! But Powerpoint can also export all the images to any common format. The Help key is your friend.
R
RSD99
Feb 15, 2005
The first thing you need to worry about is that anything Micro$oft … especially the "Office" programs like PowerPoint … will totally clobber virtually any "graphic" that is used. The picture you want to extract may very well have been reduced (in PowerPoint) to a heavily compressed indexed color JPEG, or something.

Other than that, you could

(1) Find the original, and use that (probably the *best* solution)

(2) Export from PowerPoint

(3) Cut/copy from PowerPoint and paste into PhotoShop

(4) Make a "press ready" Adobe Acrobat document in PowerPoint, and use Acrobat to extract the image.

Good luck, Micro$oft is generally **not** graphics friendly. Sometimes when an illustration is used in a Micro$oft Orifice document, it is in it’s final resting place (no longer suitable for any further usage).

"Conrad" wrote in message
Hi,

TIA,

Conrad

Conrad
C
chas
Feb 15, 2005
Conrad Wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to take a picture from Powerpoint and place it int Photoshop?

TIA,

Conrad

If all else fails, in Windows you can do the old ‘shift + Prt Scr (print screen) and then use the Paint program and do a ‘edit – paste’ This will capture anything that was on the screen at the time, with th exception of some dvd images.

Chas

chas
C
Chris
Feb 16, 2005
In article <1gs161j.jdw3yx113xlq8N%>,
(Johan W. Elzenga) wrote:

Conrad wrote:

Copy – Paste?

Normally. But do yerself a favor and pull up the image properties in PPT *first* and make sure it’s at sized at 100% … that way you get an image that hasn’t been downsampled before you hit copy.

C
C
Conrad
Feb 16, 2005
Is there a way to take a picture from Powerpoint and place it into Photoshop?[/color]

The Mac has many ways to snapshot the screen! But Powerpoint can als export
all the images to any common format. The Help key is your friend.

Thanks very much for the help. The Powerpoint program came from a Window machine and was ‘read only’ (if that means anything). I put it on my Ma and tried the copy—>paste route for transferring picture out of ppt t Mac PS 8 — but that didn’t work.
The Shift-Cmd-4 choice did work. I haven’t used that in some time – s that was a good wakeup call.
The picture actually looked much better when transferred into PS8 withou any treaking (judgement call).

Thanks to all,

Conrad :

Conrad
B
Bubbabob
Mar 1, 2005
Conrad wrote:

Hi,

TIA,

Conrad

The best way is to save it as a windows metafile. Then, open this in Adobe Illustrator or some other program that reads vector formats. Save it as a TIFF. This should bring up a rasterizing menu. Give yourself plenty of resolution. Then open the TIFF in Photoshop.
J
jjs
Mar 1, 2005
Conrad wrote:

Yes. PowerPoint has an option to export all the images as TIFF files.

File – Save As – scroll down to the TIFF option – then you can choose to save all pictures or specific ones.

For text it’s a different story, but you wanted pictures. There ya go.
J
jjs
Mar 1, 2005
"Bubbabob" wrote in message
The best way is to save it as a windows metafile. Then, open this in Adobe Illustrator or some other program that reads vector formats. Save it as a TIFF. This should bring up a rasterizing menu. Give yourself plenty of resolution. Then open the TIFF in Photoshop.

That’s a neat solution! I take back my suggestion (if the OP has Illustrator).
B
Bubbabob
Mar 1, 2005
"jjs" <john&#064;xstafford.net> wrote:

"Bubbabob" wrote in message

That’s a neat solution! I take back my suggestion (if the OP has Illustrator).

Thanks. It took me a while to figure it out. It sure keeps the text clean.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections