CW
Posted By
Colin_Woodbridge
May 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is anyone having problems getting in to this forum? I have three PCs that I work on (no I’m not showing off :-)). Yesteray when I went to check this forum they all took me to the register page. After a struggle and getting a new password, one PC now logs on but the other two still wont.

Honest Adobe I’ve paid for all my licenses…:-)

Colin

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MD
malcolm_denton
May 26, 2005
Colin……

I had this problem about a month ago,and it stemmed from my ISP who had changed something that consequently disagreed with the forum site.

Adobe sorted it out.
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 26, 2005
Which ISP?
MD
malcolm_denton
May 26, 2005
Colin……

ntlworld.com
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 26, 2005
What a coincidence??? Did they tell you anything about why or did it just go away?

Colin
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 26, 2005
This happened to me last night. It kicked me off, then I could see it as a Guest, but now it’s back.
MD
malcolm_denton
May 26, 2005
Colin…….

These are two of the e-mails I received when I took the matter up with Adobe support – with a successful outcome.

I dealt with a very helpful individual called John whose e-mail address is :

PLEASE NOTE no ‘m’ in address.

The website address is <http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html> ——

Hello Malcolm.

I’ve had a few reports from people with ntlworld.com email addresses this morning having similar problems.

I’ve made an update to the Malcolm Denton account that should help get around the login issue.

John
Adobe User to User Forums

————————————-

John…….

Thanks for your reply, however I am still unable to log in.

Using the Malcolm Denton / changeme combination simply brings up the log in screen again, and this continues with each attempt.

I have tried the log in process on Apple Safari and Internet Explorer.

Regards,

Malcolm Denton

—————
Hi Malcolm.

I’ve made a change to the forums to help get around a login issue. Please try the Malcolm Denton account again.

John
—————————————
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 26, 2005
Malcolm….

Thanks, I’ll drop them a line and see what happens

Colin
PA
Patti Anderson
May 26, 2005
Happened to me last night too. I was already logged in reading messages and when I went to view a post it wanted me to log in. I did so and then it would not recognize me. I even signed up for a new password, but it still kept seeing me as a guest. Works this morning, though. Someone playing with the cookie machine, perhaps???

🙂
Patti
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 26, 2005
Patti….

I guess you’re on a US ISP, so it’s not them but Adobe. Maybe the cookie machine has too many chips in it…:-)

Colin
PA
Patti Anderson
May 26, 2005
Yep, I’m in the USA. It was around 11:30pm/EDT when this happened to me.

Patti
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 26, 2005
Mine went down about 1pm GMT. One PC is still Ok but the others are still not. Trouble is adobe email comes in on one that doesn’t work, so I then have to switch to another to reply.

Hopefully it’ll get fixed soon.

Colin
O
o3v3tz
May 26, 2005
I also had a problem last night (USA – Pacific time zone) where all I could do was be a Guest. It seemed to accept my logon and password – but when the screen actually arrived at the forum, I was only a Guest.

Although all the posts were flagged as new (because I was a Guest), there seemed to be no new posts (or very few) since I had checked earlier. So I suspected that it was the forum and not my logon id that was having the problem.

This morning seems to be normal for me so far.

Barb Olson
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 26, 2005
Yes, same thing happened here. Couldn’t log it at all for a while, then it kept asking me for user name/password and all posts were showing up as unread. WebX had a problem on their own site the past couple of days, too, so possibly it was a wonky update or something.
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 26, 2005
This is comforting in a way. I’d just received a new PC and it happened at the same time…I thought it was something I’d done (maybe it was me..:-( )

Colin
BH
Beth_Haney
May 26, 2005
Mine’s been fine. That’s fair, though, because I’ve had problems in the past when nobody else has! John and I became pretty good friends for a while, back a year or two ago. He manages the forum from Seattle, by the way, yet that’s not where the server is. Just a bit of trivia I thought I’d pass along. 🙂
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 26, 2005
A very helpful guy at Adobe just emailed me to say it’s fixed and sure enough it is…at least for me.

Thankyou Adobe

Colin
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 26, 2005
Just got this;

The Adobe User to User Forums were down with an intermittent problem for about an hour last night and wouldn’t let anyone log in. We believe this is fixed for most users, but some might still be seeing a login issue. If you can get in now please disregard this email. But if you still can not get in–for example you type in your correct name and password and the login page simply reloads and doesn’t give an error message about a wrong name or password–please let me know and we’ll get that fixed.

Thanks!

John
CW
Colin Walls
May 28, 2005
Today, I have a similar problem. Earlier on, I opened my browser and had to log on here – normally its automatic. Just now, it did it again. Only a minor irritation.
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 28, 2005
Same here. (ISP is AT&T Worldnet.)

Early this AM I hit the back button to return from the third or fourth thread I’d read to the main Elements page and was redirected to the login screen as a Guest user (I was recognized prior to that). It was the first time I had seen that screen since I originally registered. It took me a few tries because my Cardfile notes were not as clear as they should have been but when I finally got my user name correct I was logged back in.

Since then through numerous attempts the forum refuses to remember me and I have to log in each time although it does remember my thread history correctly.

Just a temporary glitch or is this a new "feature"?

Bob
MD
malcolm_denton
May 28, 2005
Same problem here this morning,but managed to get log in accepted this afternoon. Although it’s letting me post a reply,I’m still showing as a guest.

P.S. When I posted reply I got the short log in screen,and now I’m no longer showing as a guest.
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 28, 2005
I should have registered with a shorter name. 🙂
BH
Beth_Haney
May 28, 2005
Mine is all screwed up today, too. I’d managed to avoid problems for a while. The last time it looked like I was going to be allowed to post a reply, I actually couldn’t. If you see this, it means something has changed, and I’m being allowed to post as a guest. 🙂
N
nannygoat
May 28, 2005
Automatic login isn’t working for me either. I had to change my username from Nancy S yesterday to gain access.

Someone at Adobe been messing with the cookie jar??
RG
Rita_Gremmel
May 28, 2005
Same here, two days in a row. Maybe if we keep this thread on top of the page, someone will notice.
PA
Patti Anderson
May 28, 2005
I have to login every time I visit the forum last night and this morning. Very frustrating.

Patti
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 28, 2005
I too am having to log in each time I visit … its a pain!!

Wendy
N
narya
May 28, 2005
I’m glad to learn it’s a wider problem, as I was just about to blame it on Safari 😉
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 28, 2005
Every cloud has a silver…. I’ll never have to look up my Adobe password again. 🙂

Bob
BH
Beth_Haney
May 28, 2005
I’m now having no trouble getting logged in, but every thread shows as having new messages posted, so that part is still weird.
JJ
Jim_J
May 28, 2005
It’s been noticed by all…

Cheers
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 28, 2005
Jim,

Thankk goodness for that … lets hope that they fix it soon 🙂

Wendy
BB
brent bertram
May 28, 2005
To add a little to the mystery, I haven’t had to login to use either the Photoshop forum , or color management forum. Only the Elements forum seems to be affected.

🙂
O
o3v3tz
May 28, 2005
Yes, it is becoming very difficult to post responses. One minute I am logged in ok and then by time I finish writing a post, it tells me I am only logged in as a guest and can not post.

Barb O
J
johnkissane3
May 28, 2005
Seems Adobe Operations has a problem.

Forums Operations, "Permanent Cookies currently not working" #, 28 May 2005 10:22 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 28, 2005
Well, I have to say that’s not how it’s working for me–it’s timing out within browser sessions, too.
JJ
Jim_J
May 28, 2005
I know this is likely no help to those that prefer the browser, but it doesn’t seem to affect the OLR’s.

Cheers
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 28, 2005
I second Jim’s… I don’t have a problem with Entourage.

Ray
BW
Billy_Williamson
May 29, 2005
I’m also with ntlworld but experiencing no trouble other than I now have to log on every time I want to use the Forum.

Regards, David
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 29, 2005
I have had to log on everytime I visit … but this last time I was already logged on. So maybe its now fixed 🙂 🙂

Wendy
CR
Chris_Rankin
May 29, 2005
Still not working right.Still issues with logging in and messages. Noticed that if you just hit enter when you’re presented with the login screen, a new window opens telling you that you are logged in as Dave at Adobe and asks for your password. So I’d have to say that this is all Dave’s fault, whoever he may be.

CR
CW
Colin Walls
May 29, 2005
Yes, I still have to log in each time.
Let’s blame Dave. [My motto: It’s not winning that counts, it’s placing the blame. :-)]
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 29, 2005
Dave’s not here man.
B&
Bob_&_Fran
May 29, 2005
It’s after 8:00 AM here in Wisconsin and I still have to log in or I’m showing as a guest. Bob
JJ
Jim_J
May 29, 2005
Okay… how are things NOW?

Cheers
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 29, 2005
Still the same, Jim. 🙁
CW
Colin Walls
May 29, 2005
Still have to log in.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 29, 2005
I really want to say it’s fine for me, but I’m afraid as soon as I do it’ll go wonky again. But it is.
BE
Bob_E._Warren
May 29, 2005
I’ve been having the same problems as everyone else since yesterday (Sat May 18) morning. It is still happening (have to log in every time) now — 10 AM CDT.
Bob Warren
JS
Jim_Solt
May 29, 2005
It’s not fun to be joining the group of formerly acceptable, but now unknown "guests." When visiting the forum, I used to just go right to posts. Then, I needed to use the login page. Now I am a guest, and asked to register or login.
Not having a problem logging in, but would much prefer to not have to go through multiple pages to use forum.
Just adding my voice to those troubled with this development. Jim
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 29, 2005
It’s strange because I’m on a newsreader, and I can see how is posting, no one is showing up as guests…

And I don’t have any problems. So, there must something broken between the webserver and the newsserver, at Adobe.

Ray
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 29, 2005
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH………………!!!
N
nannygoat
May 29, 2005
Tom,

Does your post mean the forum is behaving properly for you now?

It is still all wonky for me.

(loved the "Dave’s not here, man"…brings me way back, Tom)
LK
Leen_Koper
May 29, 2005
Still having the same problems here.
I thought it was a kind of punishment for being away for some time.

Leen
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 29, 2005
No Nancy,
I should have said;
AAAARRRRGGGGGG………!!!
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 30, 2005
As of about 5 minutes ago I clicked Favorites and the Forum likes me again. No login required. Hope it sticks.

Leen,

Was wondering if we’d ever hear from you again. Missed your good comments and advice. Now where is Robert Schraven? (Hope I spelled that right.)

Bob
JS
Jim_Solt
May 30, 2005
Just logged on with no problem — like the good ole days.

Jim
BH
Beth_Haney
May 30, 2005
A lot of our former regulars have abandoned us for the new Elements forum hosted by one of our more "controversial" authors. I’ve heard rumors they got somewhat bored with all of the posts about Organizer issues, but that’s just a rumor. I thought maybe that’s where Leen and Robert had gone, too. Maybe not.
N
nannygoat
May 30, 2005
Beth,

You didn’t pull the curtain aside just a bit to see who’s onstage "over there"?? 😉

nannygoat (alias for Nancy S)
LK
Leen_Koper
May 30, 2005
I’ve stayed on the dpreview forum for a while; I’m using full Photoshop now and haven’t been able to use PS3, which is on my laptop. It looks quite puzzling to me and I didnot have the time to look at it properly. But I haven’t forgotten about you!
I don’t know where Robert has gone. I met him at Cologne at the Photokina fair and he was shocked by the prizes of modern DSLR cameras and left after about 2 hours. I’ve missed him since.

Back to the topic: this morning I could log in on this forum without any difficulty.

Leen
CW
Colin Walls
May 30, 2005
I think they’ve fixed it.
Perhaps Dave is not bad after all.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 30, 2005
Hi Nancy! Did I pull aside the curtain? Yes and no. I went over there right after it opened, and I did see some familiar names, but that was my only trip. I haven’t had much time to hang out on any forums lately.

And, yup, everything here seems to be working properly now for me, too. Whew!
JJ
Jim_J
May 30, 2005
Okay…

Should be fixed completely now. Not sure that they were completely sure of the what the problem was at first.

Cheers
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 30, 2005
Works for me.

Has anyone noticed this forum, that seems to have hijacked the Adobe PSE forum? <http://www.forum4designers.com/forum40.html>
MD
malcolm_denton
May 30, 2005
Tom…..

You’re right, I entered my name in the search box,and all my posts were listed ???
BH
Beth_Haney
May 30, 2005
That is really bizarre! How did you find it?

There’s something kind of scary about it, but I can’t explain why I get that feeling.
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 30, 2005
Beth, I was trying to figure out what forum you all were referring to, so I Googled PSE forum.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 30, 2005
Oh! It’s one that Richard Lynch hosts. I don’t have a link to it handy, although it’s buried somewhere in my e-mail messages. If I can find it, I’ll e-mail it to you.
PA
Patti Anderson
May 30, 2005
Actually, it’s not Lynch’s forum, it’s the one here:

<http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/>

Patti
CW
Colin Walls
May 30, 2005
Beth was referring to: <http://www.retouchpro.com/> – I think.
PA
Patti Anderson
May 30, 2005
Only Beth knows for sure, but the RetouchPro forum for Hidden Elements 3 is not very active, nor is the new forum called APEA:

<http://www.elementsusers.com/forum/index.php>

Patti
BH
Beth_Haney
May 31, 2005
No, actually Beth didn’t know for sure, which is why I said I’d heard a rumor. I did step on over there earlier today and didn’t see as many familiar names as I expected. Jodi is there, and I noticed Ray had posted, but those are the only two I remember seeing that I recognized. Of course I didn’t check many posts, either, just whatever was on the first page. I guess there are just other, more interesting, things keeping some of the people away. And I’m not one to talk, because I haven’t been around as much lately, but that’s just because I’ve been busy around here doing less interesting stuff. Dang. I haven’t even had my big computer turned on for a couple of weeks. That’s baaad.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections