6.0 + OS 9.2 Halftone & Font Problems, Please Help!

JC
Posted By
jon_chaikin
Jun 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
recently upgraded my G3 iMac from 9.1 to 9.2. using Photoshop 6.0, i’m now seeing some problems. specifically, when i select Halftone, no matter if i select elipse, circles or lines, i only get squares.

also, i’m getting another puzzling error. when i click on the "T" button (the one on top of the window with the double-arrow arc), i get the following message no matter what font i use:

"could not complete your request because the type layer uses a faux bold style"

are these known bugs with 6.0 under 9.2, or is there something else i need to look at?

all help and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

jon

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Jun 1, 2004
Did you trash your prefs??

could not complete your request because the type layer uses a faux bold style

Don’t use faux bold.
JC
jon_chaikin
Jun 1, 2004
thanks for the reply. no, did not trash my preferences, but can you tell me how to check for sure?

also, referencing another message thread, was able to resolve the faux bold "problem."

any other ideas?

thanks again.

jon
T
Todie
Jun 1, 2004
For halftones change the mode to bitmap (and back to grayscale if you wish).
JA
Just_A_Mac_Guy
Jun 1, 2004
There were a couple of "known issues" with PS 6.0.

There is an upgrade patch to 6.0.1 which fixed many of them
R
Ram
Jun 1, 2004
Jon,

The first thing to do when aan application acts up is trash the preferences files; they get corrupted often. When you launch the application, fresh new prefs will be created.
JC
jon_chaikin
Jun 2, 2004
thanks again to all for the tips. i deleted the preferences but still having the same problem with halftones. i’ll go ahead and download the 6.0 update (6.0.1) and see if that helps, but if there are any other suggestions, please let me know as i use halftones constantly in my work, and this is more than just an "annoyance."

thanks again.

jon
JT
John_Tozer
Aug 20, 2004
Just been following the problems this guy had with the ‘error message’ about "cannot complete request because text is Faux Bold etc." I’m having same problem. And what is this about "preferences" if you will please excuse my ignorance (fairly new to this) Do I have to set up something first before I can Arch the Text or similar; I’m using PS 6.0 with upgrade to enable it in WIN XP. Thanks. John T
R
Ram
Aug 20, 2004
John,

Do I have to set up something … to enable it in WIN XP. Thanks. John T

John,

This is the Photoshop Macintosh forum. In order to get more responses, as well as accurate ones, you should post in the Photoshop Windows forum.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections