gary_chitnis
Sep 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Whenever I start Photoshop CS3 i get the following error:

"the procedure entry point PIZToUnicodeStringLen could not be located in the dynamic link liabrary PLUGIN.dll"

After I click OK 2-3 times the dialog box goes away and everything seems to wrk fine. But I want to get rid of this dialog box error for good.

I tried downloading ‘plugins.dll’ and ‘msvcrt10.dll’ from the internet. I put them in my windows/system32 folder and also in my Photoshop folder, but to no avail. Hence can anyone here help?

Regards,

Gary.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Sep 14, 2008
any plugins installed?
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 14, 2008
I tried downloading ‘plugins.dll’ and ‘msvcrt10.dll’ from the internet.

that’s usually a "Bad Idea".
GC
gary_chitnis
Sep 14, 2008
So what’s a good idea? How do i correct this problem?
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 14, 2008
do you have any plugins installed? (i ask again, because no one ever reads post #1! :))
PR
Peter_R_Ward
Dec 9, 2008
Subject: Saved JPEG File Sizes [JPEG Options window]

Question: How can I get the same JPEG file info saved as input?

Version & Platform: Photoshop CS2 9.0.2, Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 1GB ram

Question Details: Open digital camera-produced JPEG image file, 3.139MB, 3888×2592 pixels.

Image -> Image Size.. -> Image Size window. Sure ’nuff, 3888×2592 pixels. Document Size displayed as 54x36in. My default Resolution
is 72 pixels/in. No resampling. Select OK. Changed brightness and contrast of image. Then File -> Save As.. -> enter output file name, JPEG format and select Save -> JPEG Options window. I want the same size file saved as input because I essentially did not add any information, just changed the RGB values of the pixels. I leave the default selection as Baseline for Format Options. Now how do I get
the same sized file? I experimented with the Quality number and the resultant file sizes that I get are:

Q Size
8 ~831K
9 ~1.167
10 ~1.776
11 ~2.964 [not as large as the original]
12 ~4.631 [larger than the original]

What’s happening here? Is it the fact that the original compressed data is uncompressed by Photoshop, modified by Photoshop, then re- compressed resulting in a different size? If so, then if I want the equivalent of the "compressed info" that I had coming in [i.e., I don’t want to lose any information other than what uncompressing and compressing does to "lose" info], that I should always
select Q=12?
M
Mylenium
Dec 10, 2008
You should have opened up a new thread for this. Anyway, you answered your own questions mostly. Changing pixel values changes the compression pattern and therefore makes it almost impossible to save at identical size with the same quality. It doesn’t really matter what you do – changing a single pixel would have that effect. And regarding the matter of not loosing info – if your adjustments are one-time, then the workflow is okay, but if you plan on doing more stuff, it is not advisable. When expanding the buffer in PS, any previous compression patterns/ artifacts will be treated as normal pixel information and cause more compression disturbances at each successive step ‘cos naturally PS will think that e.g. the edge of a block is valid image data. Therefore you should consider saving to alternate formats such as TIFF, PNG or PSD with such images.

Mylenium

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections