WA
Posted By
Walt_Atwood
Apr 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to automate basic tasks in Photoshop Elements 3, such as taking a bunch of images in a folder and converting them into a different format for storage in a different folder? (Like from JPEG to PSD)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 27, 2005
Yup.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 27, 2005
Sorry, I couldn’t resist. 🙂

File>Process Multiple Files. There are a number of things you can do from within that part of the program. Changing the file format is at the bottom of the window. Oh, and I’m talking about working from the Editor portion. If you’re on Windows and are looking for something in Organizer I can’t help; I’m a Mac user who hasn’t studied up on the Organizer features yet.
WA
Walt_Atwood
Apr 27, 2005
On 4/26/05 8:30 PM, in article ,
"" wrote:

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. 🙂

File>Process Multiple Files. There are a number of things you can do from within that part of the program. Changing the file format is at the bottom of the window. Oh, and I’m talking about working from the Editor portion. If you’re on Windows and are looking for something in Organizer I can’t help; I’m a Mac user who hasn’t studied up on the Organizer features yet.

I’m on Panther, so I’m probably in the same boat as you.

I have both Photoshop CS and Elements, and I’m struggling to learn both. Not enough time for either. 🙂

I’ll check out the command that you mentioned.

Thank you.

–WA
WA
Walt_Atwood
Apr 27, 2005
I just completed using the "File>Process Multiple Files" command.

Easy as cake! So easy, it was scary.

I wonder why Photoshop CS lacks this simple command…

Anybody from Adobe listening?

–WA
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 27, 2005
I wonder why Photoshop CS lacks this simple command…

Hi, Walt. In CS, try File>Automate>Batch
WA
Walt_Atwood
Apr 27, 2005
On 4/26/05 9:48 PM, in article ,
"" wrote:

Hi, Walt. In CS, try File>Automate>Batch

I did. It does not offer the power and directness that the "File>Process Multiple Files" offers in Elements 3. In this case, PSE3 was easier.

–WA

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections