P
Posted By
pmaglalang
Apr 1, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This just happened now and I’ve restarted few times. I open a TIF file, got to "Save As…" and choose JPEG. The extension does not change in the file name on top and if I do try and hit "Save" I am given the JPEG Options and if I hit "OK" the file that is saved is still a TIF.

Please help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
Savageduck
Apr 1, 2009
On 2009-04-01 11:27:18 -0700, said:

This just happened now and I’ve restarted few times. I open a TIF file, got to "Save As…" and choose JPEG. The extension does not change in the file name on top and if I do try and hit "Save" I am given the JPEG Options and if I hit "OK" the file that is saved is still a TIF.
Please help.

Check Image/Mode to make sure you have changed your working copy to 8 Bit/Channel. You cannot save jpeg at 16 or 32 Bit/Channel. —
Regards,
Savageduck
R
Ram
Apr 1, 2009
CLICK HERE <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9> for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!
B
Buko
Apr 1, 2009
you can’t save a 16 bit Jpeg

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections