DC
Posted By
Dorna_Christell
Aug 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I convert a psd file to a pdf file, the formating for printing changes. How can I stop this from happening. I have Adobe Acrobat 6. Can this help me in any way?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
Aug 30, 2007
When I convert a psd file to a pdf file

How?

Bob
DC
Dorna_Christell
Aug 30, 2007
Thank you for replying. I just save the document as a pdf file. Dorna
BL
Bob Levine
Aug 30, 2007
Using what settings? And what do you mean by the formatting changes?

Bob
DC
Dorna_Christell
Aug 31, 2007
Converting files to pdf format

I used Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 to create some 2 sided alphabet cards. The cards are 3" by 4", 4 to a page, and they are placed in the upper left or upper right corner of the page (depending on the side). If I print them out in Photoshop, they come out just where I placed them on the page. However, all the printer people that I have worked with want the files to be in a PDF format. So, I have tried to convert the files to PDF by saving them in a PDF format, which shows up at the bottom of the page as you are saving them. However, when I do, the cards become centered on the page, rather than up in the corner. The centered letters are, therefore, more work for the printer people. ie…more cuts.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 31, 2007
Hmm. Don’t know the answer, but the Elements Forum is here: <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.eeb4f8b/>

Does it have to be pdf?

EDIT: You say you have Acrobat 6. Is it the actual full program or just the Reader? The Reader won’t help you.
DC
Dorna_Christell
Aug 31, 2007
I figured it out! In Adobe Acrobat Professional, when you click print, a print preview pops up. There is a little box that says "Choose Paper Source by PDF Page Size". If I put a check in it, the preview switches to the correct size. I think I have solved the problem. Thank you for your responses. It’s great to know you are there.
Dorna

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections