S
Posted By
SEANDICK
May 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After processing many hundred NEF files over the last few weeks. All of sudden PS starts getting a file-format error when opening NEF files.
These files have been edited with Nikon Capture and other NEF files work. The problem only occurs when I batch process the files from a VB app I wrote.

I have deleted the preferences file as per another thread. And the problem occurs on two separate computers on the same files. So it must be something about the format of these particular files. Or the size.

They open fine one at a time manually in PS. But after the batch process has failed, you can’t even open them one at a time.

The other clue is that I usually run PS in the background when I script it from the VB app to make it run faster (it doesn’t have to update the display). If I leave it in the foreground, then it processes the files fine.

I also notice that it takes time to open the first one and fail. Each subsequent attempt to load a file fails without any delay.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MM
Mick_Murphy
May 30, 2005
Try posting this in the scripting forum and include some code and other details (like PS version).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections