CD
Posted By
Cynthia_Dorminey
Aug 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I created a file in Photoshop Elements on my Mac. I am trying to open it with Photoshop 7 in Windows XP. Its file extension is .psd so I can’t figure out why I get the message that it isn’t a valid Photoshop document. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Cynthia

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Aug 29, 2004
Cynthia, sounds like some kind of Mac vs. XP file compatibility problem. You might try saving the file in TIFF in Elements and see whether it will open in PS7 – just to try to help isolate the problem.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 29, 2004
Cynthia,

Check the file extension carefully … when it happened to me the . was missing that mean’t that the Mac would open it but Windows would not.

Another thought try opening it in Windows with Irfanview … that should prove if it is a corrupt file or not.

Wendy
CD
Cynthia_Dorminey
Sep 1, 2004
Thanks Wendy. I did have the "." but the extension was in lower case. It occurred to me to change it to upper case. Problem Solved! Geez, sometimes these programs can be so picky! lol

Cynthia
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Sep 1, 2004
Cynthia,

Glad you managed to sort it out 🙂 … it should have worked with lower case but sometimes just typing it in gets it to work.

Wendy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections