RB
Posted By
Roger_Box
Oct 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Before I installed Photoshop Elements 2.0 when an Email had a jpeg file attached, I could click on the attachment and it would offer to open it or down load it. Now that I have replaced my previous program with PE 2.0 I am offered the same option BUT when I try to open a temporary copy it tells me that and error occurred opening the file and offers to let me down load it. I can go through the down load and then open PE 2.0 and then open the newly down loaded file and look at it.

what do I do to straighten this out?

BTW when I click on a jpeg file at any other time it opens PE and in turn the file.

Thanks for any help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 2, 2003
Elements "took over" as primary viewing app when it was installed, which is common with most digital editing software. Since you don’t give a platform or operating system in your post (always a good idea), I’ll assume you’re on Windows. Check out messages numbered 2 and 3 on this thread. The instructions for changing the file association are given.

rocket-sauce "jpeg icon changed to adobe photoshop icon" 10/2/03 5:45am </cgi-bin/webx?13/2>

If you’re on a Mac, repost and give us the OS info for that.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections