Posted By
Pete D
Jul 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Walter Cronkright,

You need to just go one step further;…. When you right click the file and then select the "open with" option look at the bottom of the list of programs and click on "choose program". The next window you get will have PSE2 as an option to open with.

Pete

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WC
Walter Cronkright
Jul 28, 2003
Pete,

I tried that, but PE 2 didn’t make the list. When I clicked browse and got to the PE 2 exe file and double clicked that, the window flipped back to the program list. Windows doesn’t seem to know it.

Walter
PD
Pete D
Jul 28, 2003
Walter,

That is interesting that PSE is not on that list. Right after you click choose program there should be two "folders showing on that window, one named "recommended programs" and "other programs". There is a pretty long list under both these folders on my computer. If you don’t have a long list can you "open" the recommended folder? (and see if PSE is there).

PSE is installed under C:\ "program files"… right?

Pete
R
Ray
Jul 28, 2003
Did you have Photoshop Elements version 1.0 (tryout or full) before installing Photoshop Elements 2.0 ?
WC
Walter Cronkright
Jul 29, 2003
Hooray! I just solved the problem by trial and error. I opened the program and used EDIT PREFERENCES and set my file opening preferences to include JPG.

After exiting I tried the Explorer Window and OPEN WITH and found PE 2 at the head of the list. That’s all there was to it.

Thanks for the interest. This is a good forum.

Walter Cronkright

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections