MB
Posted By
Mark B Anstendig
Feb 28, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I hope this is the right forum. I get confused about where to post what.

I wanted to use the brush tool to make a mostly white background all white.

In choose the brush tool, then option click on a white spot in the photo. But when I drag the brush over the rest of the background, it brushes in black, not in white.

I reset the tool. Still blak. I reset all tools. Still brushing in black, no matter where in the white section I option click.

The white section has a little bit of very light gray in it. Not noticeable.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Feb 28, 2009
What Blend mode do you have the brush set at?
P
PShock
Feb 28, 2009
Or the layer blend mode?
MB
Mark B Anstendig
Feb 28, 2009
I don’t remember.

I shut it down and haven’t used it since.

I don’t use much more than a brush tool or a clone tool. Simple stuff, as my photos are fairly good to begin with.

So blend modes or layer modes would probably be the defaults, as i haven’t changed anything purposely.

Thanks,

Mark
MB
Mark B Anstendig
Mar 1, 2009
Today I was doing black background. And the brush tool did white, when I option clicked on the black background.

I haven’t a clue what it did, but after I used the eyedropper tool to option-click on the background, the brush tool worked correctly.

What is going on?

Thanks,

Mark
R
Ram
Mar 2, 2009
Bad karma, Mark. 😀
MB
Mark B Anstendig
Mar 2, 2009
Here we go again.

If you have a solution I would be very grateful.

If not, your reply was rather hateful and nasty.

I will make a formal complaint. There was no reason for your reply.

Mark
R
Ram
Mar 2, 2009
Mark,

There was no sarcasm, nastiness or hate involved or implied. Iw was a humorous remark given your description of your problem and totally unrelated to anything in the past.

You have a major paranoid persecution complex. Despite your accomplishments, you appear to be a very insecure little man.

Go complain formally wherever you want. I couldn’t care less.

🙁
R
Ram
Mar 2, 2009
The solution is to look closely at what your foreground and background colors are in the icon at the bottom of the tools panel.
MB
Mark B Anstendig
Mar 2, 2009
That reply would have been apt as your first post. Not your comment.

Thanks, I will try that.

And no. I am just sick of your attitude and manner, which comes at wrong times: namely when I really have an annoying (to me) problem to solve.

And the name calling is also out of place. I would have plenty of words, with which to describe you. But I don’t. I just describe what has happened.

Mark
R
Ram
Mar 2, 2009
Describe your problem unambiguously and in detailed manner so we can reproduce it, and you’ll get the most detailed of answers.

What would help most is to see a screen shot of the Options Bar when you have the Brush Tool selected, or a detailed description of all the settings in said options bar.
MB
Mark B Anstendig
Mar 2, 2009
I am sorry. I cannot deal with you.

Your constant presence on these forums makes it hard for me to use them.

No offense.

You just rub me the wrong way. And evidently I do the same for you.

It would be nice if you just let me take my chances that someone else might help me.

Mark
R
Ram
Mar 2, 2009
Not a problem. I had already ignored you when you started your other thread after my last post. I’ll just plonk you and I will never see your posts again, not even already existing ones.

You are correct, these feelings are usually mutual.

Someone else, please help Mark. I’m out of here.
P
PShock
Mar 2, 2009
Mark –

First, when you option click on an image layer to select a color, make sure you have the brush tool selected.

Secondly, also make sure you have a pixel-based layer highlighted in the layers pallet and if the layer includes a layer mask, that it’s the image icon, not the layer mask icon that’s highlighted. A layer mask or adjustment layer can trip you up when selecting an image color with the eyedropper tool.

Don’t feel bad about being "plonked" by Ramon (a term for hiding posts by a particular poster). You’re in good company – me, for instance! 🙂

-phil
MB
Mark B Anstendig
Mar 2, 2009
Phil

Thanks,

What a waste that plonking is. We, or at least I, really want to learn something or solve something. And I, for one, am simply not technically as knowledgeable as many, or I would know it.

I should also mention that I am working in B&W with these photos, with which I am having this problem.

You did tell me a few things I should really review and stuy. And I will try to work through you suggestions.

Thanks again,

Mark

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections