VS
Posted By
Victor_Stewart
Jan 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I bring a picture (jpg)into PhotoShop CS2 and want to make corrections using the healing brush or Clone tool the action registers in the history but does not show the correction on the picture. It was working ok but now it does not.

Please help
Vic

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
LenHewitt
Jan 17, 2007
Are you viewing at 100%? You may not see changes correctly at other zoom levels
C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 17, 2007
Also, check the tool’s "mode", in the Options Bar, is not set to something odd. Normal, Darken and Lighten are the usual settings when using these tools.

If things have really gone pear shaped, resetting the tools, or even resetting the preferences (see the FAQs) will often put things right.
VS
Victor_Stewart
Jan 17, 2007
Thanks for your responces. View is set for 100%, Option bar is set for Normal, I checked FAQ for reset of preferences in adobe help and the search revealed 0.
VS
Victor_Stewart
Jan 17, 2007
I found part of my problem but not sure why it happen. The picture that I was tring to make some correction on was 2240 pixcels wide and 1480 pixcels high and was being viewed at 50%. I brought in another picture thats size was 1491 pixels wide and 1221 pixcels high and viewed at 50% and I was able to make corrections with the tools. I then took the first picture and reduced it to 1480 pixcels and tried the tools. It made the corrections. So my problem is due to the size of my picture.

Thanks
Vic
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 17, 2007
I checked FAQ for reset of preferences in adobe help and the search revealed

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.ef4a07f/1>
ED
Em_Dash
Jan 17, 2007
Make sure you don’t have anything accidentally selected.
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 17, 2007
Good tip – I often hide the ants and then forget them.
ED
Em_Dash
Jan 17, 2007
Me too. And/or I’m accidentally in QuickMask or I’ve unchecked "use all layers." Another two things to check.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections