NL
Posted By
Nora_Lopez
Jul 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have downloaded Photoshop Elements and am testing out the program. I am frustrated because I can’t seem to master something as simple as the Red Eye tool Brush.

I have followed the instructions in the HELP menu and the RECEIPE menu but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

I click on the Red Eye Tool Brush.
Then I select the brush size.
then click on default colors.
Then I drag the brush over the red eye . . . nothing happens.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 1, 2004
http://www.arraich.com/elements/pse_eeredeye1.htm

This is nice tutorial that’ll help you, I’m positive!

Ray
RH
Ron Hunter
Jul 2, 2004
wrote:

I have downloaded Photoshop Elements and am testing out the program. I am frustrated because I can’t seem to master something as simple as the Red Eye tool Brush.

I have followed the instructions in the HELP menu and the RECEIPE menu but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

I click on the Red Eye Tool Brush.
Then I select the brush size.
then click on default colors.
Then I drag the brush over the red eye . . . nothing happens.

Quite simply, the red eye tool is worthless. Use the burn tool instead. It appears that Adobe programmers think the human pupil is grey, rather than black, rendering this tool of no use.
RH
Ron Hunter
Jul 2, 2004
Ray wrote:

http://www.arraich.com/elements/pse_eeredeye1.htm

This is nice tutorial that’ll help you, I’m positive!

Ray
MUCH too complex and time-consuming. Would have already fixed the red-eye in TurboPhoto or PictureIt!

This feature NEEDS WORK.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 3, 2004
Nora,

I don’t use the red eye brush tool at all … I use:

Select the red area plus a few pixels … feather a little. Make a new layer … and do each eye on a separate layer. Enhance>colour>hue & sat> … select red from the edit box and reduce saturation to zero or thereabouts
Enhance>Brightness & contrast>levels .. move the left hand marker in about a third of the way and move the centre marker over to the right until the area goes dark … not too far or it will look artificial.

If you want to change the colour of the iris then select the area and do Enhance>colour>hue & sat … that way you get to keep all of the different shades and it looks much more natural.

Wendy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections