Does Photoshop 8.0 have a Mask Brush tool?

L
Posted By
loquak
Dec 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi.

I was wondering if PS has a tool with which it’s possible to select an area, as if with the lasso tool, but instead by painting the area with a brush? If not, how can I do this the easiest way?

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

T
Talker
Dec 30, 2006
On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:12:45 +0200, loquak wrote:

Hi.

I was wondering if PS has a tool with which it’s possible to select an area, as if with the lasso tool, but instead by painting the area with a brush? If not, how can I do this the easiest way?

Thanks.

Create a layer mask and use a brush to paint on it.

Talker
MR
Mike Russell
Dec 30, 2006
"loquak" wrote in message
Hi.

The selection brush remains an Elements only feature. Photoshop does support QuickMask mode, which allows you to get the same effect by making the current selection visible as a colored layer, which you may paint and erase using the normal tools.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections