IH
Posted By
Ira_Hantz
Jun 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Lately when I open images in Photoshop CS2, Windows XP Home version, there are red splotches on the image in various places. I am shooting RAW with a Canon 10D and had not encountered this problem until recently. If i use the exposure controls in Photoshop, the splotches get larger. I can adjust the image and open it in Microsoft digital image suite and the splotches are not there. Anyone know why this is happening? I reinstalled the software but it didn’t help. Thanks for any help with this.
Ira Hantz

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

IH
Ira_Hantz
Jun 3, 2007
That should read red splotches.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 3, 2007
Ira. Can you post a screen grab for us to see?

<http://www.pixentral.com> is your best bet.
IH
Ira_Hantz
Jun 3, 2007
What’s weird is that I can do my processing with all the splotches showing and save it as a JPEG, but when I open the JPEG the splotches are gone. It seems to appear only in the RAW file, which is too large to upload to PixCentral.
Ira
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 3, 2007
That’s the highlight clipping warning — you can turn it off in the top right of the histogram.
IH
Ira_Hantz
Jun 3, 2007
That worked. Thanks for your help. I just unchecked the Hightlights box.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 4, 2007
Well spotted John.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 4, 2007
Always pleased to be of service 😉

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections