JN
Posted By
Jessica_Nelson
Aug 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using a Compac laptop computer with Windows XP Home with the Creative Suite 3 and 2 Gb of RAM.

The problem I am running into is that when I open a file in Photoshop CS3, it will open, however it only shows up in the navigator, not on the desktop/workspace. I can "zoom in" and "zoom out" however it is only reflected in the navigator, it still does not show up to be able to edit.

I have tried uninstalling and resinstalling the entire Creative Suite. That sometimes helps, but it doesn’t seem to last. It has been happening now for about 6 months.

It seems strange so any advice/help would be wonderful!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John Joslin
Aug 10, 2008
First things first.

Your image seems to be off screen. Try changing to the default workspace or changing the screen resolution to see if it becomes visible. Were you previously on two monitors?

Also try resetting your preferences as described in the FAQ.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>

You either have to physically delete (or rename) the preference files or, if using the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift method, be sure that you get a confirmation dialog.

This resets all settings in Photoshop to factory defaults.

A complete uninstall/re-install will not affect the preferences and a corrupt file there may be causing the problem.
P
Phosphor
Aug 10, 2008
Make sure to reset your laptop monitor’s resolution back to its native state when you’re finished. Any resolution in LCD screens other than their native resolution will produce less than optimal display.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections