Posted By
Chris_Ragucci
Sep 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I run the computer systems at a college and am having this issue:

I can launch Photoshop just fine. When I try to open an image, Photoshop quits on me. It doesn’t matter what kind or what size, the result is always a quit. This only happens when I log in with a network user. The local admin account works just fine.

This only happens on my intel iMacs. All of the G5’s work fine.

Hardware & Software
New Intel iMacs with 1gb ram running the latest updated version of CS2. A G5 Xserve running AFP clients via MacAdmin/WGM.

I have tried:
Reinstalling Photoshop
Moving Arial
Deleting the Legals folder
Running the Delta Combo update

I’m pretty much at a loss. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Sep 6, 2006
If it works in the Admin it sounds like a permissions issue.

you might have a look over at the Apple forums to see if this problem has been brought up by somebody else
CR
Chris_Ragucci
Sep 6, 2006
Even if it’s only happening on Intel machines?
B
Buko
Sep 6, 2006
Especially if its only on Intel machines.

there are a few people here that have intel machines, I’m not one of them. Even if I had one I’m not working over a network. The Apple forums are a good resource for issues with Macs and where you will most likely find an answer to problems with new products. If you don’t get an answer right away you can at least find out if anyone else is having the same problem.

It might even be a good idea to register the problem with Apple so they know it exists.
B
Buko
Sep 6, 2006
Also make a new admin user does the problem still exist?
CR
Chris_Ragucci
Sep 6, 2006
I just made a new admin user. It works fine, guess that leads me back to permissions?

I’ve scoured the Apple forums the last 2 days and haven’t seen this one yet.
B
Buko
Sep 6, 2006
I’d call Apple or make a new topic at the Apple forums.

I’m not exactly sure where to look but check to see what might be different between the Admin and non admin users.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections