GD
Posted By
gene_delallo
Feb 7, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I don’t know what I did but all my images are opening up as smart objects. How can I stop that from happening.
Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mark_Reynolds
Feb 8, 2009
Thats not going to get any helpful response because you have not explained the problem fully, what version of Photoshop? are you using Bridge?

Here’s a GUESS at what you mean – From RAW using CS3? – hold down the SHIFT key when you press the Open command
B
Buko
Feb 9, 2009
or uncheck open files as smart objects
GD
gene_delallo
Feb 9, 2009
Under Photoshop/file in CS4 "open files as smart objects" is unchecked. There’s is no provision to check or uncheck " open files as smart objects". Also when the image opens in Camera Raw is says "Open Object" instead of "Open Image"

Gene
B
Buko
Feb 9, 2009
In Photoshop under file you have the option to open as Smart Object.

Are you doing that?

If not you may have corrupt prefs, I would trash them. This is covered in the FAQs if you don’t know how.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections