BW
Posted By
Bryan_Walton
Jul 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been trying to copy/paste some vector art from Illust CS3 into PSCS3. Regardless of what option I select (Smart Object or Pixels), the artwork comes in jaggy. Tried the same thing in CS2 and had no problems.

I checked the clipboard prefs in both apps, and tried a search on this forum w/o luck.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 17, 2008
file resolution?
BW
Bryan_Walton
Jul 17, 2008
Hey Mike, thanks for checking in. Eh…don’t think file res is the deal here. IL and PS are set at 300ppi.

I’m really thinking it’s a preference of some kind – just can’t figure it out.

Best Regards!
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 17, 2008
There are some bugs with Smart Objects that resemble resolution issues. I would just save out a PSD file from Illustrator – open it in Photoshop and add it to your existing working file.
BW
Bryan_Walton
Jul 17, 2008
Well, at this point I’ll buy that answer because nothing is helping. For now I’ll be using CS2 if smart objects are involved.

Have you experienced this with PS CS3?

Let me know – thanks!
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 17, 2008
yes – I only use Smart Objects if I am forced to or doing research. Other then that, I stay away from passive editing.
BW
Bryan_Walton
Jul 17, 2008
Ok – good to know. Interesting – just tried the exact same copy/paste on a co-workers machine w/ NO problems.

Some days are better than others.
RG
Rene_Garneau
Aug 13, 2008
Just had this happened to me, too.

Smart object already in place, in a PSD file, 300dpi.

Double click on it, it opens in Illustrator CS3 as it should, delete the keyline around the Art, save, then go back to the PSD, the image update itself, not only the image is the wrong size, it is also horribly pixelllated (jaggy, low-res looking).
JP
jean_p
Aug 13, 2008
Photoshop uses the clipping mask to determine the size and crop of the Smart Object, so this result doesn’t surprise me.
CM
Cord_Moorhead
Aug 14, 2008
My guess is with Fireworks CS4 Beta.

My smart objects worked wonderfully until I installed FWCS4. After trying to uninstall CS4 and reinstalling the CS3 suite, I am still having the same issues — and the install is forcing me to install FW CS4.

Did you install Fireworks as well?
B
Buko
Aug 14, 2008
Never install Betas on a Production machine.
JP
jean_p
Aug 15, 2008
I’ve had the FW beta on my machine, and have used it. It has had no effect on Photoshop and Smart Objects.

Try trashing your photoshop prefs.
RG
Rene_Garneau
Aug 15, 2008
Did you install Fireworks as well?

No, never.

And on top of that it doesn’t happen all of the time. I had 2 PS files with 3 Smart Object in each of them and it happened to 2 of them. I tried to find what was different with those 2 files and I couldn’t find anything.

Will try trashing preferences.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections