MV
Posted By
Marsel_van_Oosten
Mar 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve recently started opening my RAW files from Lightroom as a smart object in Photoshop.

For cloning, I add a new layer and set Sample to ‘Current and below’. However, when I use the healing brush, it behaves differently than what I’m used to: after using the healing brush to remove an object, I can still see that object that I tried to remove. It’s faint, but it’s there. Even if I switch to All Layers, this happens.

What causes this?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mark_Reynolds
Mar 15, 2009
Dont know Marsel, don’t think its got anything to do with your Smart Object though. Try resetting the tool to its defaults. Mode should be ‘normal’, Source ‘sampled’
MV
Marsel_van_Oosten
Mar 15, 2009
Thanks Mark, but it must have.

I never have any trouble using the healing brush when I’m not using smart objects. The moment there’s a smart object underneath my cloning layer, this happens. Only with the healing brush. Some 10-20% of the object remains visible after healing. Totally weird.
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Mar 15, 2009
The opacity of your retouch layer has been altered. Either that or you have an active selection that you are not aware of. Still got problems? trash your preferences. Its got nothing to do with Smart Objects
MV
Marsel_van_Oosten
Mar 16, 2009
Thanks Mark, but unfortunately this is not the case.

If I add a cloning layer to a non smart object layer, everyting works just fine. Opacity is set to 100%, no active selections. Also, the problem only occurs when I use the healing brush, not the cloning stamp. Opacity should affect both, not just one.

Any other ideas?
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Mar 16, 2009
Your using a wacom tablet? If so make sure Size is set to ‘off’ (black arrow options bar top left) – not Pen Pressure as it is by default. Look at your tablet settings and try trashing both the wacom and photoshop preferences.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections