DE
Posted By
dan_elliott
Apr 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just curious. In previous versions. If I had the Magic Wand set to 255, highlighted a layer to select the entire color content, I could then drag a layer on top of that selected area, right click on the new layer and Layer Via Copy or Cut to get an entirely new layer, exact in size to my underlying layer. It doesn’t seem with CS2 that I have this option?
I highlighted via Magic Wand at 255, got the entire selection of the underlying layer, then right clicked on my new Smart Object Layer, yet the Layer Via Copy and Layer Via Cut options are grayed out and unavailabe. Is there something I’m doing wrong, or a workaround?
Thanks very much.

P.S.
Loving this new app. CS2 is very robust and I would definitely consider it a must for photographers.
I’d like to see just a bit more added to noise reduction, maybe just a little more closer to the controls in Ninja or something to that effect, but what’s there works great. Glad it’s there.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DE
dan_elliott
May 1, 2005
never got a reply from anyone on this. Anybody else experience this? Seems I have to rasterize down to a normal layer to proceed.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections