N
Posted By
nevets2001uk
May 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve finally gotten around to installing CS3 and I was wondering whether there is a way to move the tools palette and the docked ones on the right as with CS2. I work with a dual monitor setup and would like to move the to the second screen to free up some extra screen space.

Cheers

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
chrisjbirchall
May 26, 2007
Just grab each panel (they’re not palettes any more apparently) by its top bar and slide it across to where you want it to be.
N
nevets2001uk
May 26, 2007
Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried that and they won’t move. I can shrink the tools ‘panel’ to a single bar but not move it.
DM
dave_milbut
May 27, 2007
they’re not palettes any more apparently

WHAT YOU TALKIN’ ‘BOUT, WILLIS?
C
chrisjbirchall
May 27, 2007
As I said in post #1: Grab each panel by the …

You can’t move them en-masse or whilst they are docked.
N
nevets2001uk
May 27, 2007
Apologies if I wasn’t clear. I can move the items out of the dock area on the right, but I’d also like to move the Tools Panel which doesn’t seem to drag by default.
C
chrisjbirchall
May 27, 2007
Did you grab the tools panel by the Blue "Ps" button?
N
nevets2001uk
May 27, 2007
You’re a star. I can’t believe I missed that!!!

Thanks so much.
C
chrisjbirchall
May 27, 2007
Easily done – due to inconsistencies in the UI.

In earlier versions, if you clicked on the tool bar’s "badge" you launched the Adobe Web Site!
A
angus
Jul 6, 2007
Thanks you. I missed that too. Same reason

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections