MH
Posted By
Max_Hancock
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Dual 2.0 G5 with Panther running PS CS.

When using the tool palette with a wacom tablet or mouse, the tool icons, the ones with muti-tools in one set, display all the optional tools in the set (as it’s supposed to if you hold a tool for more than half a second, or shift select a tool). on a G5, there is NO delay, every time I click on an tool icon it automatically shows the full set of tool options. I guess its just too fast. In all fairness, if I give the tool a very quick tap it sets the tool without showing the options and every thing is fine, but I have to be very VERY quick. This doesn’t make PS CS unusable, but it brings production down a notch because before I can actually use the selected tool I have to click out. Its as annoying as… well, its like trying to use a camera that needs refocusing before each picture.

On PS 7 I had the same problem until I ran the PS G5 update.

Anyone out there having this problem, or annoyance?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GP
Graham_Phillips
Feb 20, 2004
What happens if you use a mouse? Does the flyout menu appear too often as well?
MH
Max_Hancock
Feb 21, 2004
Yes. Its much too quick with that too. I have to ‘hit’ the mouse button for it not to do it. like a quick light tap. I can’t use photoshop that way! 🙂

I’m pretty good with key commands so I can almost use photoshop without the tool palette.

Anyone else out there with a G5 and this problem?
MH
Max_Hancock
Feb 22, 2004
Annyone?
GP
Graham_Phillips
Feb 22, 2004
This problem has occurred before, a long time ago; try searching the archives.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Feb 22, 2004
Change your double click/tap speed and slow it down. That’s all there is to it.
MH
Max_Hancock
Feb 27, 2004
Oh Yes, Thanks Scott. You are completely right. There’s only one problem with that. I had my double click speed all the way up because under Panther there seems to be a bug with the finder under list mode. If You have your double-click settings to ‘slow’ the when you go to click on a folder name for renaming a file, it opens it instead of activating the ‘rename dialog’. In fact, its almost impossible to rename a file or folder with a ‘slow’ setting. So, have you found away around that problem as well?
D
DYP
Feb 27, 2004
I have never seen any change in this behavior no matter what the click/tap speed was set at.

What has always amazed me is that Adobe can get it right in Indesign but not in Photoshop. What’s the difference!
MH
Max_Hancock
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah, I know what you mean. Why is Photoshop the only Application with this problem? Oh Well.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 6, 2004
Max:

In Icon View in Panther, a SINGLE click on the folder’s NAME (rather than on the folder itself) immediately selects the text to allow you to edit it.
In Channel View, it takes a second (as opposed to a double) click on the name to do this.

Or it does on my G5.

I don’t see Photoshop’s tool flyouts — unless I press and HOLD the stylus on the palette but, in reality, I always use the keyboard shortcuts (plus Shift as required) anyway.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections