Can’t move palette windows / tool window. What is wrong ?

P
Posted By
povlhp
Dec 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t move the small floating windows around. What is wrong with my photoshop CS ? It is original, reinstalled and activated less than a month ago on a fresh WinXP SP2.

I used to be able to do it.

BTW: Is there any way to run PS CS in "rootless" mode. i.e. not have it using the gray background, and making it love my ekstra monitor to the left of the main monitor ?

Povl H. Pedersen – (yes – it works)
Fastnet – IP telefoni: 5 kr/md Se http://www.musimi.dk

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TG
The Gadget Shop
Dec 30, 2004
I can’t move the small floating windows around…
I’ve had troubles with some theme software like Windowblinds, maybe unrelated though…

BTW: Is there any way to run PS CS in "rootless" mode. i.e. not have it
MAC only AFAIK?

love my ekstra monitor to the left of the main monitor ?
Need some monitor lovin?? Whatever gets you off I suppose! Otherwise if you want to move it, then the display setup will be controlled by XP and/or your grafx driver. Check Display Properties…

Cheers, Jason
Folio: www.gadgetaus.com/photos
P
povlhp
Dec 30, 2004
In article , The Gadget Shop wrote:
I can’t move the small floating windows around…
I’ve had troubles with some theme software like Windowblinds, maybe unrelated though…

Yes. I don’t have any of that. So probably DLL hell (why MS designed the DLL handling so badly that the order in which you install software is important beyond any reason).

Will reinstall Photoshop to see if it helps.
No – did not help.

OK – Something else then.

Tried to move tool palette as quickly after startup as possible. Moved it an inch. Could not move more. Close filebrowser. Now they move again. open/close filebrowser. Problem is back.

I can always move the small windows right after photoshop starts.

Removing Plug-ins folder. No luck.
Resetting settings. No luck.

Now I finally found the reason. I have used the Mouse control panel to switch left and right button. And a bug in Photoshop (?) causes it to not recognize any of the 2 buttons to move the palettes.

BTW: Is there any way to run PS CS in "rootless" mode. i.e. not have it
MAC only AFAIK?

love my ekstra monitor to the left of the main monitor ?
Need some monitor lovin?? Whatever gets you off I suppose! Otherwise if you want to move it, then the display setup will be controlled by XP and/or your grafx driver. Check Display Properties…

On the Mac, multiple monitors has worked fine since my SE/30 around 15 years back in time (which still works)

The problem is, that Photoshop uses the Windows 3.1 method with trying to keep all windows inside a master windows. And this really sucks.

I want a way to move Photoshop windows out of the gray area, out to my secondary monitor which is only 1280×1024 (primary is 1600×1200).

Povl H. Pedersen – (yes – it works)
Fastnet – IP telefoni: 5 kr/md Se http://www.musimi.dk

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections