GH
Posted By
Gerri_Hansen1
Jun 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When working with a text layer in Photoshop CS, when the move tool is selected to move the text layer, it defaults to the bottom layer of the document and moves that layer. It will not stay on the layer I am working on. I have to use the arrow keys to move my layer around. Help??

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JM
John Mensinger
Jun 9, 2004
Gerri,

It sounds like you may have "Auto Select Layer" enabled in the Options Bar. Try with that option disabled.
S
Sanders
Jun 9, 2004
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:55:28 -0700, wrote:

When working with a text layer in Photoshop CS, when the move tool is selected to move the text layer, it defaults to the bottom layer of the document and moves that layer. It will not stay on the layer I am working on. I have to use the arrow keys to move my layer around. Help??
In the Options bar, you may have the "Auto Select Layer" box checked. Uncheck it.

–sanders
e-mail?Please erase theboard

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections