LN
Posted By
Larry_Nixon
Apr 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve had to reinstall CS3 and now I cannot move the palettes from the primary monitor to the second monitor like it was before I did the reinstall.

When I place my cursor over the top of the palette (hand icon) and hold my right mouse button down it doesn’t move.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Apr 20, 2007
Larry,

Are your palettes in the new pallette dock? If so, I think that restricts them to the application window and they must first be set free…free at last, free at last. 🙂

Daryl
LN
Larry_Nixon
Apr 20, 2007
Daryl,

Thanks, I was able to move all of them EXCEPT the main toolbar. That one is still stuck. Since it’s one column and on the right side I can probably live with it, but I would really like to move that to the other window. Didn’t have this problem with the Beta version.

Larry
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Apr 20, 2007
Larry,

That does sound odd, because certainly the toolbox should be movable outside the app window. I’ve only used the CS3 beta and think I’ll be happy just staying with CS2 for a while given how CS3 is overpriced for what has been lost in ImageReady functionality, not to mention what has been reserved for an even more overpriced Extended version.

Daryl
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Apr 21, 2007
Larry,

Have you found the cure yet? I’m now home where I can look at CS3 and was at first finding, just as you did, that the toolbox wouldn’t move outside the app window. But, then I realized I was dragging it by what I’ll call the top of the container…where you can expand the window to 2 colummns….rather than by the "title bar" area just above the "Ps". Dragging by that will indeed allow the toolbox to be moved out of the application window.

Hope that helps,

Daryl

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections