Photoshop CS3 Move Tool, no longer moves 1 layer…

BD
Posted By
Bill_Dickson
Dec 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve had no issues with this version of Photoshop until most recently when I go to choose the move tool and I’m on a specific layer that I want to move, I left click like I’ve always done for years to move it on the canvas and and instead of having that one layer move (on the canvas, not on layers window) it picks up the root group and moves everything. The highlighted (selected) layer also turns to the outer (root) group folder, instead of staying on that layer.

Did I fat finger three or four buttons to cause this to happen? and if so how do I make that stop, it’s sooooo frustrating now… if this isn’t the case, anyone know what to do to fix it?

Thanks,

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BD
Bill_Dickson
Dec 15, 2008
Ok, got it figured out. sorry I had to ask, but sometimes I just have to ask in order to answer it myself. I had the Auto-Select set for group instead of being unchecked and on layer.

Guh, that was extremely annoying mistake I made. I haven’t been able to update anything and reset everything. haha.

Oh well, party on Photoshopers

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections