P
Posted By
pentimento
Jul 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For some reason, I can no longer access the various tools in the tool bar menu – I can select different tools, but not the sub items. For instance, I cannot access the measure tool, change the shape of the selection tool, etc. I have tried reinstalling, trashing the preferences, logging in as a different user, removing added plug-ins. I’m at a loss. Any ideas please? I am running CS on 10.3.4. This worked fine for a long time – I’m not sure what changed. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
MarcPawliger
Jul 18, 2004
In article
wrote:

For some reason, I can no longer access the various tools in the tool bar menu – I can select different tools, but not the sub items. For instance, I cannot access the measure tool, change the shape of the selection tool, etc. I have tried reinstalling, trashing the preferences, logging in as a different user, removing added plug-ins. I’m at a loss. Any ideas please? I am running CS on 10.3.4. This worked fine for a long time – I’m not sure what changed. Thanks!

Did you change the preference in the Keyboard preference panel for the double-click time for your mouse? That is what is used to determine the time before the tool slot popup appears. I assume you mean you are trying to access the tools via mouse and not keyboard shortcut…

–marc
P
pentimento
Jul 18, 2004
Thanks Marc!
I did mean accessing the tool pop-ups using the mouse. I played with the settings found that the preference for turning on full keyboard access was unchecked. I checked it and I restarted the computer and now it is working. Many thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections