Josh_Lucchesi
Sep 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi –
PShop7.0.1 on a G5, OSX 10.3.5.

Everytime I go to select a tool from the Tool Palette, all of the little alternative tools show up.

For example: if I go to select the Marque tool, instead of just clicking on it and going back to work, I click and see all of the Marque alternatives and then I have to click again to select the shape I need.

This is annoying and can’t be the way Adobe intended it and it’s never been this way before. In fact – I’ve only had this happen since I started working on this new G5/Panther (don’t worry – I’ve posted this on Apple’s forum too).

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a Preference or Setting somewhere??

TIA all suggestions.

Josh

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MF
Michael_Fredette
Sep 1, 2004
Josh,
Go in your preferences and check "use shift key for tool switch". When you click on the tool, it instead will show you briefly the keyboard shortcut, which is faster anyways.
JL
Josh_Lucchesi
Sep 1, 2004
Michael -Thanks for the reply.

Did this happen to you too?

My preference was already set that way to "use shift key for tool switch". Since your post I tried it both ways quitting PShop in between – that didn’t help. I am accustomed to seeing the tool tip and I use alot of keyboard commands but selecting from the palette is part of the flow too. It’s just something that I know shouldn’t be – and it’s annoying.

I hope someone else has some 2 cents on this.

Josh

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections