L
Posted By
Lukabrazzi
May 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just got upgraded to Photoshop CS2 and now when I control+click on a layer it no longer draws selection edges around that layer’s contents. Is there a new shortcut to peform this extremely useful action?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
May 21, 2007
Info is near the top of the thread index in the FAQ section of this forum:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee747eb>
L
Lukabrazzi
May 21, 2007
Thanks. Most appreciated!
C
chrisjbirchall
May 22, 2007
Just got upgraded to Photoshop CS2

Did you know the latest version is CS3?

If you’ve only just bought it you might be eligible for a free upgrade to the current version. Contact Adobe Customer Sevices.
L
Lukabrazzi
May 22, 2007
Yeah, I knew that, but thanks anyway. I work for a State agency and the upgrades come along slooowwwww. I’m about to make a case for getting the full Adobe Master Collection, but I don’t think it’s available until June. Are you using CS3? If so, how are you liking it so far?
C
chrisjbirchall
May 22, 2007
….nice 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
May 22, 2007
I work for a State agency and the upgrades come along slooowwwww.

do they understand "free"? if you ordered cs2 between the announcement and shipping of cs3, you’re entitled to a free (shipping only – 6 bux is what i paid) upgrade to cs3.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 23, 2007
It’s a state agency. The state procurement agency probably bought CS2 when it came out and put it in a stockroom for a year or two, and no agencies were willing to use their appropriated funds to requisition it until now.
DM
dave_milbut
May 23, 2007
🙂 true.
L
Lukabrazzi
May 24, 2007
Well, they have multiple licenses for all the software and these licenses get passed around as needed. I just got a new computer here and they had a PS CS2 license available when they loaded it up. My Illustrator and InDesign are still CS1! Just biding my time until the CS3 Master Collection is shipping and then I shall strike like a Ninja.
P
Phosphor
May 24, 2007
"I still can’t find the shortcut I was originally asking about."

Siiiiiigggghhhh…

Read again <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bc3f6df/0>
L
Lukabrazzi
May 24, 2007
Thanks, Phos. I sincerely appreciate the assistance, though the exasperated sigh was probably unnecessary and you could’ve saved us both keystrokes by simply saying, "Ctrl-click the layer thumbnail" or linking to the actual post instead of the entire FAQ. I read the FAQ and if I wasn’t having trouble finding what I was looking for I wouldn’t have posted in the first place.

In any case, I thank you again for the help and I will add "Layer Opacity Mask" to my PS vocabulary.
P
Phosphor
May 24, 2007
Give a fish vs. teach to fish.
DM
dave_milbut
May 24, 2007
sarge the bum: "gimmie a quatah!!!"
L
Lukabrazzi
May 25, 2007
LOL. Yeah, I figured that was next! What if I just suck at fishing? Siiigh…

Have a good Mem Day, guys. Thanks again.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections