MG
Posted By
Michael_Gaudet
Apr 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Quite some time ago, I upgraded from v7.0 to CS3. All has been working well except one "inconvenience", I still have v7.0 installed and when I click on a .PSD the v7.0 version opens. – I had expected that when I installed the upgrade, it would have automatically uninstalled 7.0; or at least asked if I wanted to.

What I want to know is how do I delete the v7.0 version without damaging my CS3 or losing any settings, add-ins, plug-ins, etc.?

Can I simply go into the Control panel’s Add/Remove and click the Remove button, or will that wipe out some things?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 3, 2009
yes. use the control panel. if asked ‘do you want to remove shared files?’ say NO.
P
Phosphor
Apr 3, 2009
But, having said that, the two versions should be able to live on the same machine without any problems. Installing CS3 should have associated the files to it. Odd that it didn’t, but, you can associate files to CS3 yourself.

In any folder, Tools>Folder Options allows you to do this.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections