A
Posted By
adykes
Apr 7, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m rebuilding my PC from scratch and find that the PS CD has gone missing from the jewelcase.

I have the key.

I need to download the PS software. It’s "CS 8" and the education version if it makes any difference for the key.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Al Dykes
News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. – Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MV
Matti Vuori
Apr 7, 2010
:
I need to download the PS software. It’s "CS 8" and the education version if it makes any difference for the key.

You must be living in the future. The current version is CS 4 and CS 5 should be released next week. CS 8 will probably be released sometime around 2015. Most likely Adobe is still around and sell you the disk or provide a download from their site, just as they do for Photoshop now.
A
adykes
Apr 7, 2010
In article ,
Matti Vuori wrote:
:

You must be living in the future. The current version is CS 4 and CS 5 should be released next week. CS 8 will probably be released sometime around 2015. Most likely Adobe is still around and sell you the disk or provide a download from their site, just as they do for Photoshop now.

I thought that looked strange. I took it from the purchase invoice (9/16/2004) with the line item of

"Photoshop CS 8 Windows"

Isn’t PS 7 widely used by people that are even cheaper than I am?

FWIW, I still have the email address to which I registered this copy. I don’t suppose Adobe will let me d/l 5 year old software.

I’m pissed. I’ve managed literally thousands of bits of software at work and have a system and have never lost anything. My system failed me last night.

Al Dykes
News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. – Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail
TC
tony cooper
Apr 7, 2010
On 7 Apr 2010 16:42:06 -0400, (Al Dykes) wrote:

In article ,
Matti Vuori wrote:
:

I thought that looked strange. I took it from the purchase invoice (9/16/2004) with the line item of

"Photoshop CS 8 Windows"

FWIW, I still have the email address to which I registered this copy. I don’t suppose Adobe will let me d/l 5 year old software.
I’m pissed. I’ve managed literally thousands of bits of software at work and have a system and have never lost anything. My system failed me last night.

The Photoshop generation following PS 7 was initially called CS 8. It was later re-named simply Adobe Photoshop CS. (CS = Creative Suite)

There are several places on the web where you can download CS 8. Just Google for it. What you will get is a time-limited demo. For permanent use you must purchase the license.

I’d suggest you download the demo and use your key to activate it for permanent use. If it doesn’t work, you aren’t out anything.

Tony Cooper – Orlando, Florida
J
Jonz
Apr 7, 2010
On 4/7/2010 1:42 PM, Al Dykes wrote:
In article,
Matti Vuori wrote:
:

"Photoshop CS 8 Windows"

You are probably looking for Photoshop CS which is Ver8. CS2=Ver9, CS3=Ver10. Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of that.

Jonz
J
Joe
Apr 8, 2010
(Al Dykes) wrote:

In article ,
Matti Vuori wrote:
:

"Photoshop CS 8 Windows"

You can piss all your life if you wish. When you stop pissing then get your self a copy then use the key you have to register it.

And now you can piss again.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections