Posted By
ARGK
Jul 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello
I have just upgraded to Photoshop CS3 from 7.0. However I am unable to delete theold version (7.0). ANy advice/help would be appreciated.

Tony

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BL
Bob Levine
Jul 1, 2007
Exactly how are trying to uninstall it and what happens when you try?

Bob
P
Phosphor
Jul 1, 2007
You don’t NEED to delete old versions.

They don’t really take up much hard drive space—if you need to get rid of them to recover HD space, you need a new hard drive.

Why do you want to get rid of version 7? You may find it nice to have sometime down the road if CS3 starts giving you problems. version 7 is by most accounts very stable…might be worth keeping on your hard drive.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 1, 2007
To add to what Phos just said:

No HD should be allowed to become more than 75 to 80% full. The OS and virtually all applications need space to create temporary files as they work. The paging file (Virtual Memory) alone needs up to 4GB disk space.

If you are at the stage you need to retrieve the few MB occupied by a previous version of PS, you should seriously look at installing a new, much larger, disc.
P
Phosphor
Jul 1, 2007
And FWIW…

After recently installing PS CS2, I still have versions 4, 6 and 7 on my Mac, along with version 1.0.7 just for gits and shiggles.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections