S
Posted By
St
Jan 16, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Created a new text layer in Photoshop by dragging the type tool on canvas and the character color palette displays a "?". Whatever I do (typing text, changing font), can’t get to change that for an actual color.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 16, 2009
Stéphane,

Is this with one font, or with any font you choose? Is this something new with your system?

Neil
O
Ozzwoman9
Jan 16, 2009
Do you have the text selected? Or is it possible that the text contains more then 1 color?
S
St
Jan 16, 2009
Someone gave me an RGB PSD layered file with some text layers asking me to figure out what happened. As soon as the "text box" of the layer is selected, the type that used to be white disappears and the text color icon becomes "?". I then tried to reproduce the problem on a new created empty document, selected the text tool and clicked on the canvas to create a text layer and color is "?". Same thing happens when dragging with the text tool…
B
Buko
Jan 16, 2009
reset your type tool.
S
St
Jan 16, 2009
Still doesn’t work…
B
Buko
Jan 16, 2009
see if the problem exists in a new user.
S
St
Jan 16, 2009
OK seems like each time I select a "corrupted" text layer, my type tool will stay corrupted, whatever I do until I reset the tool. Then it’s fine until I reselect a "?" color fill text, then I have to reset the tool again. Very strange.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 16, 2009
A corrupted font that needs replacement? Again, is this ONE font or many different ones?

Neil
S
St
Jan 16, 2009
2 different fonts on 3 different text layers. Looks like the text tool was corrupted when making the paragraph-style text layers. The only workaround I found was (after resetting the text tool) recreate the text layers keeping the same properties. The newly created text are then behaving normaly.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections