Strange behaviour with guides and grid set to pixels…

TM
Posted By
Thomas_Madsen
Jan 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

When I set the rulers to pixels and the gridline to 1 pixel increments, the rulers and grid doesn’t match if the grid style is set to lines or dashed lines, but if I set the grid style to dots, they match perfectly. Why don’t they match when the grid is set to lines or dashed lines? It must be a bug, or am I missing something here?

Photoshop 6 doesn’t seem to have the problem but Photoshop 7 and CS sure has.

Regards
Madsen.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
larry
Jan 2, 2004
Are you viewing at 100%?

Larry Berman
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jan 2, 2004
I believe PS 6 has this problem too. The amount of error is inconsistent between different machines and resolutions. It´s a bug.
TM
Thomas_Madsen
Jan 2, 2004
Are you viewing at 100%?

They don’t fit together in any zoom factor and they should fit no matter what zoom factor you use. Anything else is very misleading when both are set to pixels.

Regards
Madsen.
TM
Thomas_Madsen
Jan 2, 2004
I believe PS 6 has this problem too.

Not here. I have PS 6, 7 and CS installed at the moment and only PS 7 and CS does it. In PS 6, grid and rulers fit precisely at any zoom factor.

Photoshop CS:
<http://home18.inet.tele.dk/madsen/photoshop/grid_cs.png> (Same thing in Photoshop 7)

Photoshop 6:
<http://home18.inet.tele.dk/madsen/photoshop/grid_ps6.png>

The amount of error is inconsistent between different machines and resolutions.

Yes I know. I was using a dual G5 with a 23" widescreen TFT running in 1920 x 1200 yesterday. At 1600 % zoom, there was nearly 3 pixels in the rulers for each grid pixel. 😮
Right now, I’m using Windows XP and a 20,1" TFT running in 1600 x 1200 and that’s where the screenshots from above are taking from.

It´s a bug.

Okay.

Regards
Madsen.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections