RS
Posted By
Ron_Speirs
Mar 28, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running Photoshop CS. I have been editing many photos, and putting text on them. The type tool has started to act strangely: The letter that appears on the screen is one letter behind the
letter that I typed. For example:

If I were typing the alphabet, typing the letter "A" moves the cursor, but "A" doesn’t appear.
Then when I type the letter "B", the letter "A" appears. When I type the letter "C", the letter "B" appears. If I make a typing error, the DELETE key works even more strangely, and the typing gets all messed up.

This behavior is not consistent; sometimes it works correctly, sometimes it doesn’t.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks in advance for any help.

Ron Speirs

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Mar 28, 2009
Ron,

First off it’s not a good idea to post your email address in public, where it can easily be automatically harvested by the spambots. Hope you like spam. 😉

Please come back to the forum to look for replies.

Email responses would defeat the purpose of the forum, which is for everybody to benefit from all questions and answers, not just the original poster.

First thing to try is to re-set the type tool.

If that doesn’t do it, trash your preferences (see the FAQs if you don’t know how.

If still not fixed, look for bad or duplicate fonts.

If still having problems, come back, but this time give us full details about your setup. CLICK HERE <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9> for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 28, 2009
If resetting the type tool doesn’t cure this, it sounds like a corrupted or duplicate font issue. Use a good font manager to ferret them out.

Neil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections