MC
Posted By
Marvin_Church
May 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I purchased a CS2 version upgrade for photoshop, the box only says a previous version of photoshop is required. I have 5.0 installed but th einstallation says I need 5.5 is there a workaround? Customer service says they cannot help me and sent me here. please help.

Marvin

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bob Levine
May 6, 2007
Call them back and insist on speaking to a supervisor if you can’t get any help.

But…when did you buy it and from where? If it’s legit you’re likely entitled to a free upgrade to CS3.

Bob
MC
Marvin_Church
May 6, 2007
Bob, thank you for the reply. I purchased the CS2 upgrade in July of 06 from fry;s. I called the customer service then and they had me do something that allowed me to install the CS2 upgrade. I just bought a new computer for work and Im trying to install all the software on it. So now I have the same situation on this computer as I did then on the other. It tells me during install that it is looking for a version 5.5 or higher. I dont remember whatthey had me do back in july when I first tried to do the upgrade but I know I did not have to buy a 5.5 version jsut to upgrade to CS2. which is what they are telling me now. i will try to call back and speek to someone else. Thanks. Marvin
DM
dave_milbut
May 6, 2007
I called the customer service then and they had me do something that allowed me to install the CS2 upgrade.

they’ll do the same. they have to give you a key to get it to install correctly. upgrade to cs2 was valid from ANY older version (unlike the current cs3 upgrade that requires version 7 or better). the only hook with cs2 was that if the version you were upgrading from was older than 5.5, you needed to get a special key from adobe.

call back and if the rep you talk to doesn’t give you satisfaction, ask for a supervisor.
BL
Bob Levine
May 6, 2007
They should have given you a case number that you should have kept in a safe place along with the software. It would have made this much easier.

But nobody here can help…Again, call back and insist on speaking to someone who can help.

Bob
BW
Bob_Watanabe
May 23, 2007
Thanks for the heads up and notes on all this. Just bought CS2 in May, 2007 and needed to upgrade from 5.0.

Just had to do this…
– Call customer service
– Have the S/N’s from both your 5.0 and CS2 copies
– While you’re on hold, install the CS2 disc
– Close out the auto-start
– Start > Run > Browse
– Select your CD/DVD drive (mine is D)
– Select Adobe(R) Photoshop(R) CS2
– then Adobe Photoshop CS2.msi (you may need to select "All Files" in Types of File. – in the Open box it should read:
"D:\Adobe(R) Photoshop(R) CS2\Adobe Photoshop CS2.msi" – add UNLOCK=1. (that’s space "UNLOCK" in all CAPS =1. (period) This missing period wreaked havoc when I called.
– should now read:
"D:\Adobe(R) Photoshop(R) CS2\Adobe Photoshop CS2.msi" UNLOCK=1.

– This will re-start the install process. Hopefully by about this time you’ll have a rep on the phone. You’ll enter your CS2 S/N and the CS rep will ask for the 5.0 S/N. You’ll then get to a page that gives you a 6 digit code and has a challenge question for Proof of Ownership. The CS rep will give you this code to enter.

NOTE: I was told you have to do every time you install CS2…good news is you should be able to get to the stage for calling Customer Service by the time a person picks up.

Hope this helps.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections