JP
Posted By
Joe_Pea
Nov 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey, a whole bunch of my filter effects are grey in the drop down menu which means I can select them..any one know why?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 1, 2005
I presume you mean that you cannot select them…

First, check image mode; not all effects are available to all modes. Then check your bit depth; the same thing applies to 16 bit v. 8 bit images in terms of filters that can be applied. Also check to be sure you are not on an adjustment layer or the like, and that you are on a layer with image data in it.

Peace,
Tony
JP
Joe_Pea
Nov 1, 2005
yes, I meant CANNOT. Thanks..I was in 16 bit mode.
JP
Joe_Pea
Nov 1, 2005
I Followed Photoshop Help ust like it says…"Choose the filter you want from the appropriate submenu."
"In the filter’s dialog box, choose Load Texture from the Texture pop-up menu, and locate and open a texture image."

I don’t see what it is saying. Can someone help?
CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Nov 1, 2005
It is indeed a bit unclear in the help file…

1) Open your image
2) Select your filter (note, I do this with displace and did not test all the filters listed in the relevant help file section)
3) Choose your settings
4) Click OK
5) THEN a dialog box will open asking you to select the file for your displacement map
6) Select the appropriate file and click OK
C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 1, 2005
Joe. Try to keep all related questions in one thread.

Three in such a short space of time – if you were selling something, it would be classed as spamming! <grin>

You may find the sysop will come along shortly and combine them.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Nov 1, 2005
The correct term is pattern, not texture, texture means a slight 3d effect, while a pattern might be different colors, Look in Help for pattern layer styles.
JP
Joe_Pea
Nov 1, 2005
Before CS, this was easy!..now I can’t figure it out! Does anyone know how o add a texture? Like say a camoflauge texture to some text. I can add patterns in blending…but i want a texture! I tried looking through the Texture filter, but I dont see an option to "load texture."
JP
Joe_Pea
Nov 2, 2005
Ok, well, I havnt tried the displace filter yet..but lets say I have a camoflauge texture in a jpg form…then fat letters spelling something out and i want to texture the letters with the camo..how would that be done? (is that displace? no photshop on this comp)
C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 8, 2006
First off, reset your text tool by clicking the down arrow at the left of the options bar then the little right-facing arrow on the Presets box, and select "Reset Tool" from the drop-down

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections