How does upgrading CS to new version work?

B
Posted By
bmclaughlin
Sep 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I have an upgrading CS question.

I am trying to figure out the best way (read: cheapest/legal) to get from CS to CS3 (when it is ready).

If I go with an upgrade:
– Can I upgrade from CS to CS3 bypassing CS2? –(based on Adobe’s past history with this, I know that no one can answer for sure on something that is not out yet.)

– Do you need the original CS discs to complete the upgrade? If so, how does that work on future upgrades…for example – if I were to get the upgrade to CS2 then the upgrade to CS3 do I need to use the upgrade CS2 disc for the CS3 upgrade? or the original CS discs?

– Do the upgrades work going from an Academic of CS version to the regular version?

I hope what I am asking makes sense.

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 19, 2006
There will probably (if recent history is anything to go by!) be different versions of a CS3 Upgrade — depending on whether you want to upgrade to a Pro. or to a standard version and from which version that you already have.

I would expect the installer to then be a stand-alone operation that just asks for your previous SN and then for your new SN.

It has also been announced that there is to be an interim version CS2.3 that will ship at the end of 2006; while CS3 is expected in "the Second Quarter of 2007".
B
Buko
Sep 19, 2006
Unlike Quark you don’t need to pay extra for skipping a version.
B
bmclaughlin
Sep 19, 2006
Thank you for the info.
My plan is to skip to CS3 to use on my Intel mac. So I think I will wait for that to come out as long as I can upgrade from CS straight to CS3.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections