Assistance, please? One of the FAQ answers was incomplete.

MT
Posted By
Megan_Tucker
Jul 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Click <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.eec8b6b/2> to read the original FAQ inquiry and answer.

Now, my problem is that I followed the Shift + Ctrl + Alt keys instructions, successfully deleted the Settings file, and it didn’t fix anything. Then I went to try the five listed workarounds. My solutions to each are listed below.

1. ActiveShare and Picture CD and not installed on my computer.

2. I can’t open Photoshop.

3. See #1.

4. See #2.

5. Didn’t work.

"To be specific, the only people who are encountering the error are those that: A. Are on Windows B. Have ActiveShare and/or Picture CD installed, and C. Have closed the Hints palette to the palette well." – Richard Coencas – 09:17am Apr 12, 2001 PDT

A. I am on Windows[XP].
B. I DO NOT have ActiveShare or Picture CD installed.
C. I don’t even USE the Hints palette.

Well, there you are. If anyone has a solution, I’d be glad to try it. By the way, I’m using PSE version 2.0

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

ML
Mark_Levesque
Jul 15, 2004
Has PSE 2 ever worked? In other words, is this a new problem with a previously working installation, or is it a new installation?
MT
Megan_Tucker
Jul 15, 2004
The strange thing is, I’ve been using it for a rather long time. I closed it one day, came back to my computer later, and the message started popping up.

So it’s a new problem with a previously working installation, in your words.
ML
Mark_Levesque
Jul 15, 2004
Did you install any new programs or add any new hardware around the time it stopped working?
MT
Megan_Tucker
Jul 15, 2004
I’ve been downloading fonts from dafont.com alot, but other than that, no. I don’t think that was it, though, because I downloaded large amounts of them before this and there was no difference in Photoshop.
ML
Mark_Levesque
Jul 16, 2004
Oh, waitaminute! Seems to me that someone made reference to an overabundance of fonts being problematic. Try moving the last batch to another directory temporarily and see if this helps.
MT
Megan_Tucker
Jul 16, 2004
Well, that didn’t work either. I deleted all of the fonts I never have or will use, and the list is back down to its original size, but Photoshop still doesn’t work.
MT
Megan_Tucker
Jul 16, 2004
I still haven’t found a solution…are there any more suggestions? I really need to get Elements fixed, I’ve got alot of personalization to do and very little time, so this isn’t helping me any.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 16, 2004
Have you tried a complete uninstall and reinstall of Elements? The uninstall routine will have to include a manual search and destroy mission to get the Elements Preference folder out – that won’t be deleted otherwise. Be sure you do not have any antivirus software running at the time of the reinstall. Also, what other programs do you have running when you try to launch Elements? Anything? If so, try launching with everything else closed. And have you done a restart lately? I know many people who run Win XP can go for months without a restart, but every once in a while when my husband’s computer is having weird problems a restart cures it. No, I don’t know why, which is how come I try to stick with my Macs. 🙂
MT
Megan_Tucker
Jul 16, 2004
Hehe, maybe I’ll have to try a Mac sometime.

I tried all of that, and nothing seems to be working. My technology always seems to find the best and most convenient times to quit working…
MT
Megan_Tucker
Jul 18, 2004
Anyone?
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 18, 2004
Sorry, but I already gave my only ideas! Switch to a Mac? 🙂 Nah, only kidding; they’re not foolproof either. Are you SURE you didn’t add any hardware or software? Update any drivers? Download any patches? Anything different? This makes no sense, because usually we can identify something that changed just prior to the start of problems.
MT
Megan_Tucker
Jul 18, 2004
I FIXED IT! One font I downloaded was corrupting the entire program. I just had to find it. Thank you so much for your help, though. ^.^
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 18, 2004
Ooops, sorry. My bad. I read your post saying you’d deleted fonts and thought about the possibility of a corrupt one but – and here I go assuming again – figured you’d eliminated that possibility, too. I’m glad you got it running, and I apologize for not bringing up the subject of a corrupt font in previous posts.
ML
Mark_Levesque
Jul 18, 2004
I’m glad to hear it was the fonts. It was the only thing that made sense to me (having been through all of the other likely culprits.) I was fresh out of ideas.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections