Canon 5 d mark 2 – opening RAW/CR2 files with CS3???

KA
Posted By
Kyle_Alex
Dec 3, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have CS3 version 10.0.1 and Raw convertor 4.6 and a Canon 5 d mark 2

I have downloaded the Camera RAW and DNG converter 5.2 and camera profiles but photoshop still will not open the files and Bridge just displays the RAW icon. Photoshop says it does not recognize this file format?

Any other suggestions- I have downloaded it now a couple of times and tried to install- but no luck – it still does not recognize the 5 d mark 2 .CR2 files – HEELLPPPP!!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PF
Peter_Figen
Dec 3, 2008
DPP or C1 Pro
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 3, 2008
ACR 5.2 will NOT work with CS3.

You will either have to replace the ACR 5.2 plug-in with the 4.6 one — or you will need to upgrade to CS4.
R
Ram
Dec 3, 2008
Kyle,

I replied in your other thread in the Camera Raw forum as follows:

You need to actually run the DNG Converter (there’s no such word as "convertor" in the English language) to convert your files to DNG files first.

The DNG Converter is a stand-alone application that you launch to convert your raw files.

Photoshop/Bridge CS3 will never be able to open the raw files from your camera directly. You need to convert them to DNGs.
KA
Kyle_Alex
Dec 3, 2008
Thanks Ramon-
especially for your spell checking
BD
Bob_Das
Feb 8, 2009
Hi – After I convert the files from CR2 to DNG, will I be able to edit them with Bridge? Thanks (I have a an CS3, updated to CS4, with plug in 5.0.178. Cannon – ESO 5D II) THANKS – Robert
R
Ram
Feb 8, 2009
will I be able to edit them with Bridge?

NEVER! But you can use Bridge to open your DNGs in Adobe Camera Raw. 🙂

Bridge is just a file browser. It does not open, edit or save files of any kind. It just hands the files over to the appropriate application(s) to open them, like Photoshop, Camera Raw, Illustrator, Acrobat, even MS Word, etc.
R
Ram
Feb 8, 2009
Bob,

Thanks (I have a an CS3, updated to CS4, with plug in 5.0.178. Cannon – ESO 5D II)

Oooops! I hadn’t read that yet when I replied.

You DO NOT need the DNG Converter at all. Just update the ACR plug-in to ACR 5.2 (or the beta Release Candidate 5.3). Then you will be able to read your raw files from your %d II directly, no need for DNGs at all.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections