BW
Posted By
bob weidner
Nov 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a Photoshop CS plug-in that will open up Canon 20d’s RAW fles? I’d rather not install Canon’s RAW software program.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EG
Eric Gill
Nov 11, 2004
bob weidner wrote in news::

Is there a Photoshop CS plug-in that will open up Canon 20d’s RAW fles?

You mean besides the one that comes with it?
BW
bob weidner
Nov 11, 2004
Yes, the one that came with it will not open Canon’s new Cr2 file as I stated in my headline.

Eric Gill wrote:

Is there a Photoshop CS plug-in that will open up Canon 20d’s RAW fles?

You mean besides the one that comes with it?
T
topsecret
Nov 11, 2004
if there is not yet the new plugin for it,
then you can take an hexadecimal editor, then open
the camera raw plugin with it and were is written canon 10, then replace with canon 20, it works

"bob weidner" escribi
T
technoaussie
Nov 11, 2004
topsecret wrote:
if there is not yet the new plugin for it,
then you can take an hexadecimal editor, then open
the camera raw plugin with it and were is written canon 10, then replace with canon 20, it works

"bob weidner" escribió en el mensaje
Is there a Photoshop CS plug-in that will open up Canon 20d’s RAW fles? I’d rather not install Canon’s RAW software program.
And for the rest of us….
There is the Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) upgrade which does the trick!

Douglas
T
topsecret
Nov 11, 2004
i have the latest update of camera raw 2.3,
and canon 20 is not suported yet, need to wait
for camera raw 2.4 or use the hexa editor

"Douglas MacDonald" escribi
EG
Eric Gill
Nov 11, 2004
"topsecret" wrote in gest.nuria.telefonica-data.net:

i have the latest update of camera raw 2.3,
and canon 20 is not suported yet, need to wait
for camera raw 2.4 or use the hexa editor

Not "officially" supported yet.

Try opening CR2 files with 2.3.
EG
Eric Gill
Nov 11, 2004

Yes, the one that came with it will not open Canon’s new Cr2 file as I stated in my headline.

Must have been some other thread.

However, ACR 2.3 works just fine with the 20D’s CR2 files.
WJ
Warren Jones
Nov 11, 2004
I did a new thread last night without seeing this one. I downloaded the 2.3 Raw update but this did not work, but then noticed on the Adobe site that the 20D isn’t covered.
So much for Adobe wanting to become the de facto do it all for digital photographers.

"bob weidner" wrote in message
T
technoaussie
Nov 11, 2004
Warren Jones wrote:
I did a new thread last night without seeing this one. I downloaded the 2.3 Raw update but this did not work, but then noticed on the Adobe site that the 20D isn’t covered.
So much for Adobe wanting to become the de facto do it all for digital photographers.

"bob weidner" wrote in message

Oddly enough I’ve been opening and browsing 20D RAW files with CR2 extention with my Windows 2000 PC running Photoshop CS for quite some time now.

I personally think the reason none of you can do the same is the _mg at the beginning of the file name. If you open Windows explorer and go to ‘tools’ folder options and then choose ‘view’ tab, you can untick the "hide" square and chose to show system files too. My opinion is that the underline character as the first in a file name has some significance when viewing the file. If you tell Windows to show all files and their extentions and still can’t open or browse a CR2 file…

You can also use the free "Irfanview" program from www.irfanview.com which is much faster than either Adobe’s or Canon’s browser. This has a function you can configure to open the image in an external editor – all you need to do is define Photoshop as that editor.

Of course there is also the possibility that pirate versions of Photoshop using "crack" software to come up with a dodgy activation code which sometimes cause some functions not to
work, might not work with ACR 2.2?

Anyway… If you install Adobe CRC 2.2 or later and still can’t read 20D files… Get on to Adobe support about it because they told me I could open 20D files if I upgraded to CRC 2.2 and they were right.

Douglas

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections