Posted By
gmarcos
Feb 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Get the following error message:
"Could not complete your request because this version of Photoshop does not supply the services required by this plug-in module."

I have updated to the 2.4 camera raw plugin and placed it in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\File Formats. When I go into CS to help->about plugin -> there are two camera raws that show up. The first is labeled 3.7 (2007) and the other is labeld 2.4 (2005). Not sure where the 3.7 version is coming from, but also not sure if it matters.

What do I need to do to get CS to enable the reading of the Digital Rebel XT raw files?

Thanks!
Gary

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Feb 23, 2008

2.4 is the last Camera Raw plugin for CS. 3.7 is only for CS2 and should not be installed (in CS2 it installs in a different relative location than was used in CS); you should remove it. I don’t believe 2.4 will deal with Rebel XT RAW files, but you’d have to check the release notes to be certain. If it doesn’t, there is a workaround. Get the latest Raw Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG. ACR 2.4 will open and edit the DNG files.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections