PM
Posted By
phillip_meria
Aug 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Cannot open file in Photoshop CS3 (10.0.1) from Bridge CS3 (2.1.1.9)

Tried choosing File>Open and double clicking the image thumbnail

Error dialogue box pops up and reads:
‘Windows cannot find\C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Photoshop.exe’

I wouldn’t expect CS\Photoshop.exe to be found because CS3\Photoshop.exe upgrade is installed.

Will downloading the Adobe Photoshop update for Adobe Photshop CS3 (11/15/2007) or Adobe Bridge CS3 update for Adobe Bridge CS3 (11/15/2007) be my best bet for correcting this problem?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

F
Freeagent
Aug 6, 2008
I’d start by checking what your file associations are actually set to.

Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol (that’s on Vista; haven’t used XP for some time).

Point it to the Photoshop CS3.exe one more time.
PM
phillip_meria
Sep 6, 2008
Thanks to Freeagent for pointing me to the solution.

For fellow Windows XP user’s:
Control Panel > Folder Options > File Types

It would have been nice if the Install Wizard of PS would have handled this automatically or had an advisory instruction to manually associate image files in Windows XP.

I thought all along this was a Photoshop CS3 / Bridge CS3 problem since Bridge was calling for both the image file and Photoshop.

If Freeagent has anyone’s ear at Adobe please pass this on.

Thanks Again

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections