CS4 trial – transform tool frags my graphics!!

GC
Posted By
Greg_Clifton
Nov 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anybody else have problems with the transform tool? on my iMac it’s instant-death to my work and messes up my icons in the dock too – it really is like throwing a frag-grenade into my computer’s graphics! I have to restart my mac to restore everything back to normal.

Test this at your own risk – and I highly recommend saving anything important before you do! My first encounter with this problem was to use the lasso tool to select an area I wanted to rotate just a fraction and when I hit cmd-T everything just froze and went horrible graphically. Also I noticed that I was unable to see the selection line of the lasso tool as I was using it

24" iMac (white) running OSX v10.5.5
2.33GHz intel core2 duo
3GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
Interesting I’ve been using the transform tool all morning and have not seen that.

How much free disk space?

do you have separate scratch? does it happen with Open GL off?

how much of your RAM is allocated to Photoshop?
GC
Greg_Clifton
Nov 21, 2008
Ok I now feel quite ‘over-reactive’ O_o; – just took a deep breath and tried it again (have been staying well away from the transform tool since it happened) and …nothing – it worked like a dream – perfect! – ok so went into the gpu settings under performance prefs and I only had ‘3D interaction acceleration’ ticked – I ticked the ‘advanced drawing’ box and tried again – bam! photoshop freezes and everything goes iffy. I think we found the issue! Since it happened last I have been tweaking the performance prefs to reduce brush lag so must have un-ticked it then.

for your info I have 140GB free disk space and do not have a separate scratch. I have 2GB Ram allocated to photoshop.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections