PK
Posted By
Peter_Kleine
Feb 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Given a layer with some layer effects applied, let’s say bevel, drop shad, When scaling that layer with the transform tool, is there a way to have the layer effects scale up or down proportionately with the layer?
For example a bevel depth of 10 would become a bevel depth of 5 as the entire layer was scaled down with the transform tool 50%.
I was able to achieve like effect with a smart layer.
I also saw the scale effects option in the layer menu, but that transition is separate form the entire layer transition.
I was just under the impression this could be achieved via a preference setting or the like. Any input is welcome.
Thanks,
Peter

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 7, 2007
Depends on the version. In CS right-click or Option-click on the "f" in the Layers palette and choose Scale Effects, bottom of the menu.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections