Posted By
Paul_Tait
Oct 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I’m sure this is very simple, but I’ve just drawn a path around an object and then saved the file as an eps with the path as a clipping path. However, when I call the eps into Quark, I see what’s outside the clipping path, rather than what’s inside. I’ve noticed that if I select the path, there are two selections – the one around the object and one around the outside of the work area and I have to inverse the path for it just to select the object.

The path is quite complex and I don’t want to have to draw it again, but can’t seem to correct this.

I’d be really grateful for any help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Oct 30, 2008
Look at the Options Bar. There are some icons on the right side that determine how theh Path behaves.
PT
Paul_Tait
Oct 30, 2008
Thanks Ed. I’ve been through the options bar, but can’t see anything to change the path.

Any clues?
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 30, 2008
Turn the path into a selection, invert the selection, delete the old path and make a new one from the selection.

Quicker to do than to type.
PT
Paul_Tait
Oct 30, 2008
Problem solved!

Thanks very much for your help, John.
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 30, 2008
🙂
AR
alan_ruta
Oct 30, 2008
Quiciker still is to click the "invert" button in the Quark or ID dialogue.

alan
P
Phosphor
Oct 30, 2008
Aargh! I hate John’s solution. You are going to lose something when you make the Path a selection and then lose something more when you convert back to a Path.

It’s on the Options Bar, honest.

Make sure your current tool is the Pen or Path Selection tool. There are four little icons on the Options Bar. Click on the Path. Look at the Paths palette to get a preview of what they do.
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 30, 2008
I hate John’s solution.

It sure ain’t pretty.

I don’t use clipping paths any more. 🙂
P
Phosphor
Oct 30, 2008
Me either. But we don’t know what versions of anything are in use.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections