How do I save a clipping path in Photoshop so that Quark gives me the option to change the path opti

MH
Posted By
Mike_H.
Oct 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I created a clipping path on a photo, clipping out a person’s head so that I can have the person’s head show up over the masthead on a cover.

But when I save the photo in Photoshop and then import it into Quark, the option where it says I can change the clipping options in Quark is greyed out.

This is what it says to possibly fix it on the Quark help page:

"You may want to choose "None" from the Clipping path pop-up menu when you save the image from Adobe Photoshop, so you can specify which path to use as the clipping path when you import the image into QuarkXPress. Or, you may want to choose a path from the Clipping path pop-up menu, so you can be sure only that path will be used to clip the image."

I don’t understand what that refers to….I can’t find anything like that in the Photoshop options.

My goal is to have the person’s head over the text, with the rest of the photo still retained in the background. As it is now, I just get an import of the clipping path alone, with Quark substituting the background part of the photo with a white box.

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections